Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holiday Cheer


A felt & recycled jewelry Christmas bell card created by my friend Susan. It's fabulously glittery and old-fashioned. I asked her to make me a Christmas stocking with lots of Christmas-themed felt appliques on it. That is my wishful thinking....


A gorgeous collage card in an unusual shape by my friend Irma. With the recent wind storms blowing leaves about, this card was a perfect reflection of California winter.

Frannie, Irma, Susan and I have been getting together the first Friday of every December for decades. Last Friday, we met at the Sheraton Palace for high tea under an amazing Christmas tree. In the past, we combined a sumptuous lunch, a walk around Union Square to take in the "signs of Christmas" in the shop windows, shop for ornaments, and review our New Year's resolutions. To me, this one day which we set aside for ourselves is a wonderful manifestation of the Holiday Season.