Saturday, October 19, 2013

Rail Themes

This card was purchased in the Grand Canyon when I was traveling around with Jacqueline. I can't remember if it was 2009 or 2010. I think it was 2010. Somehow I had come across the brochure for a Grand Canyon train and we decided to ride it. Alas it was very touristy, with a staged, costumed holdup thrown in for the ticket price. Still, the Grand Canyon was breathtaking and it ended up being the last trip we took together. Sending it off to a postcrosser in Japan who likes vintage trains. 


This is a functioning train in Shikoku, Japan. Named "Botchan Ressha" after Natsume Soseki's famous novel, my mom and I took this little train to Matsuyama. I remember it was quite a trip, starting with the bullet train flying over an incredible stretch of rail over the ocean from the mainland to Shikoku. The card is going to a couple in the Netherlands.